Monday, May 5, 2008

5. b) Act 1, Scenes 1-3: What do you think would be the hardest part of life in the Secret Annex? Explain.

The fear of discovery, the need to keep silent for hours at a time, the sharing of cramped quarters with strangers, or some other aspect?
I think that the hardest part of life for me in the Secret Annex would be the need to keep silent for hours at a time because I have a hard time not interacting with other people when I am around them and I also have a difficult time staying still for long periods of time. I think that it would have been so hard for the people in hiding like Anne during the Holocaust because they would have to suppress all of their energy all of the time while being in tight quarters with other people. I think that it might help that they have a fear of being discovered though because that might make it more possible to be quiet and still.

No comments: