Monday, May 5, 2008

5. a) Act 1: Explain what you think this statement means. Do you agree with this statement? Why or why not?

Statement: "But always remember this, Anneke. There are no walls, there are no bolts, no locks that anyone can put on on your mind." 
I think that this statement means that no matter what anyone does or says to you, they cannot effect your imagination and mind as an individual. Even though they might repress you physically, they cannot control what you think or feel in your head. In Anne's life, she was controlled physically in that she had to live in a small cramped space without much freedom, but she still had opportunities to express herself in her journal and through the few actions that she was allowed to do. I can apply this to my life in ways such as not letting people control what I think about things even when they have the ability to control my actions.

No comments: